This term our topic will be
Around the World
We will continue to develop our reading skills by working on Set 1 and Set 2 sounds;
words. Eg, the, to, I, go, no
- Spell and write VC, CVC and
CVCC words independently
using Set 1 graphemes.
- Begin to orally rehearse and
write short captions
This term our maths lessons and classroom provision will focus on:
- Addition and subtraction- Numberbonds to 5
- Counting to 20
- Numbers to 10– comparing groups of 10
- All about numbers 6,7,8,9 and 10.
- Use some shape names appropriately and understand prepositional language.
- We will also create a repeated pattern with colour and shape.
PSHE: -Dreams and goals: Setting a goal!
Mental Well being: What does it mean to feel proud?
Gross and Fine Motor Skills
- PE lessons: Stretching and curling and use of apparatus.
- Sit at a table to write.
- Holds a pencil in a tripod grip.
- Use scissors to cut around more complex shapes, e.g. split pin characters
PE days: Please ensure your child/children have their indoor and outdoor PE kit in school.
Both classes have PE on a Friday afternoon.
Expressive Arts and Design
In keyworker time we will be using different techniques and materials to achieve the desired effect and talking about what has been created. We will also uses a range of tools and equipment and select the most appropriate tool or joining material for the job.
Communication and Language
We will continue to implement classroom discussions, building on confidence and articulation. This will be delivered through: keyworker group sessions, topic discussions, role-play and discussion around our weekly text.
Understanding of the World
- Animal Habitats
- Talking about significant historical events and how things were different in the past.